May 24, 2009

India Postage

Think Monday-Think ATC posted an India Theme challenge and since I have spent some time in Tamil Nadu, (southern) India, I thought it was the best way to get back into my weekly challenges. So here is my entry using a photo I had taken of a begging woman who was wearing a make shift eye patch. Im not even sure she was aware that I was taking a picture of her.


During my time there I used a Nikon FM2 camera. Below are some of the other pictures I took of the street children. They were always happy to smile for my camera! These kids were standing if front of a coconut wagon that was being pulled by a buffalo.

And these boys below were proud to pose for me. (although my goal was unposed shots, the picture came out very nice.) To me it embodied the spirit of Indian people. Regardless of what they did or didnt have, or how poor they appeared, they were proud and very happy. I noticed the ladies always wore flowers in their hair and bells on their ankles.
The original photo of the begging woman:

2 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your ATC is very powerful and beautiful. I enjoyed reading your post and seeing your other photos as well!

Squirrelly said...

Little, wonderful colours... they take me right back to India and even Kenya (the browns).

I Love You... I am glad you rested Sunday